Tuesday, December 30, 2008

My Favorite Type of Sewing


I love to sew little girls clothes in fact over the years I have definitely spoiled my daughter by sewing her lots of wonderful clothes. Here are two of the dressed that fit her right now, going down the runway at the Mesa College Fashion Show.
Her favorite by far was the rainbow one. I loved sewing it I took an insane amount of time to put all of the ribbons on but it was worth it. The weaving of them in the front was really interesting, but the underskirt is what took the time. Also I have been surprised on how well the polyester satin has worn. It is not true satin is is more like a costume satin but it has survived a lot and still looks really good. I made it a year before this picture was taken and it has already been washed a few times and played in a lot.
The other dress is made out of a glittery velvet and cotton skirt that has some glitter on it. She says she does not like the sleeves which are really just ruffles. So she does not wear it as much as she does the other one. I actually made if from a dress she found at the thrift store. So I did not have to find lining that matched or a zipper. There was also a big fabric flower that was already on the original dress. So I just re-used it. The skirt is from new fabric. I love to make clothes out of thing that already exist. I will have to do a post just on things that I have remade.

No comments:

Post a Comment